Spellbinders April 2018 Blog Hop
Hi friends! Thanks for joining us for the Spellbinders April 2018 Blog Hop. I’m really excited to have you here. You should be arriving here from Svitlana Shayevich! Today I am going to share three cards using new release Wine Country by Stacey Caron collection. Let’s take a look at my first card.
- Created a background using a blending technique with Oxide inks on 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 some white cardstock.
- Use the Card creator time for ine A2 card front etched dies to cut the blended background.
- Cut a piece of clear acetate and adhere it to the blended die-cut piece.
- Use a same die to cut a 300g black cardstock five times.
- Use a glue pen to cover the top of the first shape and place a second shape on top of the first shape. Do this steps repeatedly and be sure to cover the entire area.
- Attach it to the A2 sized black panel.
- Use the same die to cut a glitter paper and adhere wine shape pieces only to the panel.
- Add heart sequins inside of the wine and wine glass shape only.
- Cover the top with the blended die-cut piece using a pen glue.
- Stamp a sentiment using a black ink.
Here is my second card for the today’s hop. For this card I used a blending technique to color them.
- Use a Shapeabilities Wine Charms Etched Dies Wine Country by Stacey Caron die to cut a 300g white cardstock. (You can get a Barrel, Grape Cluster, Wine Bottle, Wine Glass, Cheese shape pieces)
- Color them using a blending technique with distress inks. (You can use any ink you have and then you will build your color as you layer. And you should start to blend the lighter color to the darker color. This way is an effortlessly blending between the two shades or multi-color shade)
- Create an A2 sized panel from white cardstock.
- Blend it bottom area only as the image shown below.
- Adhere all die-cut pieces with the foam tape on the panel.
- Stamp a sentiment using a black ink
Here is my last card for today. I wanted to use watercolor paint and show the card watercolor paint effect even though I used a die-cut pieces.
- Use a Shapeabilities Wine Charms Etched Dies Wine Country by Stacey Caron die to cut a 300g watercolor paper. (I used a Wine Bottle, and Wine Glass die-cut pieces)
- Color them with watercolor paints
- Create an A2 sized panel from watercolor paper and paint them on the center of the paper with watercolor paint.
- Stamp a sentiment with a white pigment ink on the black cardstock and trim it off in a banner shape.
- Adhere the benner to the panel.
To celebrate this release, Spellbinders is giving away a $50 gift certificate to a lucky winner. Please leave a comment on Spellbinders blog by Sunday, April 22nd 11:59 pm EDT for a chance to win. The winner will be announced in the blog hop post on Spellbinders blog the following day. Winner is responsible for shipping cost, duties and taxes.
I’m also giving away a $25 gift certificate to one lucky winner! Please leave a comment on this blog post by Sunday, April 22nd 11:59 pm EDT for a chance to win. I’ll announce the winner in this post on April 25.
Blog Hop Order:
May Sukyong Park
Mayline Jung (you are here)